Suitcase on wheels     stuck in the snow   sniffer dog

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Welcome

This is a blog from my time living in Argentina from January 2005 until April 2007. I started out teaching English, travelled around most of Argentina and Bolivia (with bits of other countries), became pretty much fluent in Spanish and eventually started my own business in Bariloche, Argentina - which was a bureaucratic nightmare, and at the end of the day it wasn't worth doing.

I am now back in Auckland New Zealand, writing software which is what I did before I left. My Argentine girlfriend is here with me, and she's loving NZ.

Check out the Archives section at the right, as well as the My Greatest Hits section. The About section at the right lists when I did what, if there's something in particular you're looking for. The posts are numbered for easy navigation. There's lots of good stuff in here, so enjoy!

PS. if there's a post you like in particular, feel free to post a comment here with a link to it.

PPS. google adsense sux! Over a year signed up and only $48 earned - but they don't pay you until you reach $100 so I haven't received a cent and probably never will...

Matt Bday - 30 - Dean Ruth Matt
Partying at my 30th

3 Comments:

  • Hola Matt,
    unfortunatly i only stumbled upon your blog a few weeks before you left Argentina. Great writing though!!! I must say that a lot of the problems you encountered in Argentina are the same kind that I am dealing with. Guess a lot of expats have the same love/hate relationship with this country. Anyways, keep updating your blog every now and then with how everything is going in New Zealand. Best of luck for you and your girl.
    Hans

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 pm  

  • Hey Matt,
    It's good to hear you're doing well and still with the chica. I never did start my tour biz in Argentina and gladly returned to Canada with my money and sanity intact. I have to say your stories of misfortune helped to take my rose colored glasses off.

    It'd be interesting if you wrote about your adventures a bit, talking about what you learned in Argentina and how your girlfriend is adapting to a new culture.
    Bill

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 pm  

  • Hello,
    I was the first time I've come across your blog :)
    Cool blog writing enjoyable, I will continue to follow.
    There's a lot of vital information about Argentina at all.

    By Anonymous argentina for you, at 10:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home