Suitcase on wheels     stuck in the snow   sniffer dog

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

35. Brazil vs Argentina (B.A, Argentina)

Life goes on here... Operation Beefcake, that is, my weight-gain diet is coming along OK, I've put on 3kg (of muscle) in the first 2 weeks which is a little more than I'd planned on so I'm happy. However I'm already getting sick of going to the gym 4 times a week and eating meat or chicken 3 or 4 times a day.

On Wednesday I was the envy of all my Argentine friends as I went to another futbol game, a World Cup qualifier game between Argentina and Brazil. Both sides are top of the table so neither side needed to win, but still it's a test match so both sides would have wanted to win. The game was in the River Plate stadium, which I don't really like as the seats are far from the field, and it doesn't really have much atmostphere. Happily, getting into the ground was a lot easier than the last time when I went to watch River Plate play, when everyone got searched 4 or 5 times on the way in. But this time it was only a quick bag search and no pat-down.

Argentina vs Brazil - 03 - Kick off (Large)
Kickoff

The game was great, Argentina scorched to a 3-0 lead with 3 excellent goals, in the second half Brazil fought back and put the Argies under a lot of pressure but their defence held, final score 3-1 Argentina.

On Sunday we had a plan to go to the zoo, but due to oversleeping had to settle for the botanical gardens instead...

Botanical Gardens - 06 - Matt statue (Large)
My girl wouldn't do a silly pose with the naked statue so I had to

On Sunday night we went to a play in a theatre, well that's what I thought it was going to be. The theatre was actually just an apartment but they'd set up a lighting rig and rows ofseats. The play was actually not a play but a series of ten minute improvised sets, by a company of local young actors. The show was pretty good, I didn't really get the jokes as it was in Spanish, but the acting was good.

1 Comments:

  • Cheers... $320 pesos = NZ$160. My treat for the month of April.

    -Matt

    By Blogger mattyboy, at 9:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home